Call for applications 2018 MLA Librarians without Borders®/ Elsevier Foundation/ Research4Life Grants
Published: Wednesday 8th November 2017 Category: News
The Medical Library Association (MLA) has announced the Hinari/Research4Life (R4L) Grants for 2018. Funded by the Elsevier Foundation, up to five awards, will support Hinari/R4L training activities that promote the use of the programs’ scientific research resources in emerging/low income countries. The grants will benefit the users in the eligible countries as these individuals will obtain skills to effectively and efficiently use the Hinari/R4L resources and also become a training resource for their institutions or country.
Who can apply?
- Applicants are required to hold a professional library or information science qualification, but in the case of exceptional candidates this criterion may be waived. Transcripts or a copy of the diploma should be sent with all applications.
- Applicants must be currently employed in a health and/or sciences library or related science information organization.
- Individuals and/or institutions are eligible to submit proposals.
- Applicants are not required to be members of MLA.
- The grant award is contingent upon completion of the project within 18 months of notification of the award.
- Agreement to submit an interim (9 month) and final reports to MLA’s Librarians Without Borders® The final report that focuses on the results of the project will be posted on the LWB Blog and may be published in other health/science-related information venues or journals.
- More than one grant may be offered in a year. Grants range from $1500 to $6000 and are distributed in one payment.
- Grant funds are distributed in June following the MLA annual meeting with the project completion date being December 31 of the following year.
- If there are no appropriate applications, as reviewed by the jury, the association may elect not to fund a grant or multiple grants in a given year.
- MLA will acknowledge applications upon receipt via email.
Ready to Submit an Application?
- Go to the 2018 LWB®/Elsevier/R4L Grant online application form.
- Complete online form and upload all documents no later than December 1, 11:59 p.m. (CT).
- Incomplete and late submissions will not be considered.
For questions contact MLA’s grants coordinator