On this page, you will find up-to-date presentations about Research4Life and scholarly communications in general. These can be used by Research4Life trainers (librarians, information professionals, lecturers etc.) in face-to-face or online training activities or presentations. However, they can also be useful for others wanting to learn more about Research4Life.
These presentations build on the material for the Research4Life Massive Open Online Course (MOOC).
The lessons cover essential information for the participants to develop the skills to efficiently and effectively use the five Research4Life programs (Hinari, AGORA, OARE, ARDI and GOALI). Many of the lessons are inter-disciplinary, although several are programme-specific.
The format of each lesson is a PowerPoint presentation that can be downloaded and edited. Individual courses can be developed depending on the participants skills and information needs. Updated versions will be released each July and December.
1: Scholarly communication and Research4Life
- Scientific landscape: English ↓ | French ↓ | Russian ↓
- Research assessment and bibliometrics: English ↓ | French ↓ | Spanish ↓ | Russian ↓
- Research4Life: English ↓ | French ↓| Spanish ↓ | Russian ↓
2: Discovery and re-use of scholarly literature
- Identifying information sources: English ↓| Spanish ↓ | Russian ↓
- Using information resources: English ↓| Spanish ↓ | Russian ↓
- Intellectual property and copyright: English ↓| Spanish ↓ | Russian ↓
- Reference management and collaboration tools: English ↓| Spanish ↓ | Russian ↓
3: Searching Research4Life Content Portal
- Research4Life Unified Content Portal: English ↓ | Spanish
- Search Across Research4Life Using Summon: English ↓ | French ↓ | Portuguese ↓ | Russian ↓
- Citation databases: English ↓ | French ↓ | Portuguese ↓ | Russian ↓
4: Additional discipline-specific resources
- Health sciences: English ↓ | Portuguese ↓
- Health and evidence-based medicine: English ↓ | Portuguese ↓
- Agriculture, biological and environmental sciences: English ↓
- Environment: English ↓
- Development and innovation: English ↓
- Global justice: English ↓
- Interdisciplinary resources: English ↓ | Portuguese ↓
5: Advocate on Research4Life and facilitate capacity development
This material is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-ShareAlike 4.0 International License (CC BY-SA 4.0). The logos used in the course are exempt. This CC BY-SA 4.0 license allows trainers to modify and adapt the material for specific training purposes at the host institution to meet the group’s specific needs. By using the training material, individuals do not represent or are employed by Research4Life.
These presentations have been developed by the Information Training and Outreach Centre for Africa (ITOCA) with support from the Research4Life Capacity Development SubCommittee and funded by Research4Life and the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations.