Call for Research4Life user experiences from the global South
Published: Monday 15th October 2018 Category: Blog
If your institution is located in one of the Research4Life eligible countries and has already joined Research4Life‘s international network, you can access and fully explore resources of interest shared by tens of thousands of leading journals and e-books in the fields of health, agriculture, environment, law and applied sciences.
Research4Life is a public-private partnership (established in 2002) by the WHO, FAO, UNEP, WIPO, ILO, Cornell and Yale Universities, International Association of Scientific, Technical & Medical Publishers and up to 180 international publishers.
The goal of Research4Life is to reduce the knowledge gap between high-income countries and low and middle-income countries by providing affordable access to crucial scientific research.
Research4Life comprises five programmes, namely:
- AGORA(Access to Global Online Research in Agriculture)
- Hinari (Access to Research for Health programme)
- OARE(Online access to research on the environment)
- GOALI (Global Online Access to Legal Information)
- ARDI (Access to Research for Development and Innovation)
Thanks to these programmes, researchers from more than 8,700 institutions in more than 115 low and middle-income countries have been provided with access to the highest quality online research resources.
Discover the Research4Life impact
It is all about how the Research4Life programme’s multidisciplinary information resources help users from Africa, South America and South East Asia to foster and advance their knowledge, skills and career!
Read short stories and watch short clips on Research4Life testimonials.
- A librarian in Myanmar is modernizing the way of delivering literature to students.
- A physiotherapist in Ethiopia is finding better ways to treat his patients.
- A researcher in Zimbabwe is tackling the burden of diabetes.
These are just some examples of the many stories we have gathered to show you how access to information can make a difference and improve the lives of those in need.
Share your story with us
If you are a Research4Life user, you are also welcomed to share your story on how Research4Life has helped you to improve your study, research and professional life and inspire the global Research4Life community!
- What was your biggest challenge (in research, study, career) before you started using the Research4Life programme?
- What were you thinking when you decided to discover research information resources available through Research4Life?
- What changed after you started using resources available through Research4Life?
- What would you say to somebody who is keen to learn more about Research4Life and become a user?
- Have you already used free Research4Life training materials?
- Have you already used free collection of Research4Life promotional material?
- Do you have an ID photo that you could send us to use alongside your testimonial?
Contact [email protected] if you would like to share your Research4Life experience with us.