Transitional Path offer
A small set of content is available to some institutions in countries, areas, or territories no longer eligible for the Research4Life core offer.
Eligible categories of institutions are: small clinics providing healthcare services, and small educational institutions that provide basic training in vocational activities. In addition, local Non-Governmental Organizations or agricultural extension centres that are not also research institutes, educational organizations, or major government offices are eligible.
The Transitional Path offer costs US$ 1500 per institution per calendar year (from January through December). All eligible institutions will receive a six-month trial without payment.
A country, area, or territory must fulfil at least one of the three factors designated by the last three bullet points. The last point is a complex one. In order to fulfil it, the country, area, or territory must meet both criteria listed.
- Countries, areas, or territories with a total GNI above US$ 1 trillion are not eligible for Research4Life regardless of other factors
- All other countries, areas, or territories fulfilling any of the below criteria not already covered in the Core Offer (Groups A and B)
- Human Development Index (HDI) is at or less than 0.67 and/or
- Gross National Income per capita (GNIpc) is at or less than US$ 6000 and/or
- Total Gross National Income (GNI) is at or less than US$ 150 billion where GNIpc is at or less than US$ 10,000
Transitional Path countries, areas and territories
- Dominican Republic
- Iran (Islamic Republic of)
- South Africa
This list of countries, areas, and territories is intended for use by the Research4Life partnership only. Given the specific nature of the design of this list which incorporates factors relevant to our public-private-partnership, we recommend that anyone seeking a list of countries fitting certain criteria should consult original UNDP, and World Bank data.
If your institution matches the above criteria, you may register for access.