Research4Life provides many training resources to users and institutions to help improve access and use of this robust scientific information. These include:
- Distance learning courses (HINARI)- These courses are self-paced, take 4-6 hours. Upon completion of the exercices, students will receive certificates.
- Access and registration to other distance learning courses:
- HINARI User Training Video Series
- Tip of the month – PubMed update
- Training modules - These modules are the components of the ‘Train the Trainers’ course. The material is comprehensive overview of the programme. Each module contains a presentation and practical exercises.
- Brief training: HINARI Short Course
Basic HINARI skills including Background, Registration & Login, Searching Strategies, HINARI and PubMed website features, MY NCBI and Training Materials. Self-paced, 4-6 hours to complete; also available as a distance learning course
- Tips and Guides: HINARI 10 top Hints for use ppt, 321kb
- HINARI: Access Problems and Solutions ppt, 1.18Mb
HINARI: The Basics doc, 46kb
- HINARI: Do’s and Don’ts
- HINARI Frequently Asked Questions ppt, 307kb
- HINARI Printing, Copying, Saving and Emailing Articles: Problems and Solutions – ppt, 1.96Mb
- HINARI & Research4Life Registration Guide
Focus on Authorship skills
Research4Life encourages authors in eligible countries in their work towards publication. For example, HINARI Authorship Skills are modules developed to assist authors in HINARI eligible countries; includes ‘How to Write a Scientific Paper/Structured Abstract’, ‘Copyright and Plagiarism’, ‘Strategies of Effective Writing’ and a ‘Web-Bibliography’.
The full list of training opportunities, which can be adapted to all programmes, can be found on the HINARI training page.